Wednesday 19 October 2016

Another Day in Auntumn in 2016

19th October 2016

Latest update to the Peter Hulbert Diary:

I will start by covering in brief, yesterdays events which were a little interesting at least. They all started by a knock at the door from my Post deliver service who required a signature and after duly cooperating, I was excited to find out what was inside the parcel and to my surprise, it turned out to be a "Bluetooth Speaker" which I had ordered some 3 months ago in order to use through the summer in the summer sun, but to which now was irrelevant as as it is now Autumn and very cold. However, not to be down, I looked on the possitive and after working out the very poor English instructions, managed to make some sense of them and configure the bluetooth to work with my phone and to my surprise, the sound quality was excellent which was more than I shock I can assure you.

The second part of my day was to head south for 2 meetings, one in a very substantial and to me a great honour to visit establishment who are contained in the "Sir Frank Wittel" buildings who is accalimed for the invention of the Jet Engine. Im not going to bore you into what the meeting was about but suffice to say that is was very good and extremely interesting. My second meeting was about 40 minuest drive away to a brewery and whilst the aroma, the sounds and the stock was something of a delight to see, my dream of being locked in and the key thrown away did not happen. After leaving there, it was a bit of a drive back north to call at Holmfirth and the office.

Today 19th was a slightly different type of day, the news over night that potential snow is pending but with no accurate location identified as to where, it leaves us in a guessing game situation for a while. Snow in itself is not such an issue but in my part of the world, much depends on the amounts and when in order to prepare for the inevitable problems associated with bad weath as I live in a quite high altitude area of the UK and surrounded by hills and valleys, all of which go a long way in creating specatcular views in the good weath but also form most of the problems associated with bad wetaher in the summer. The staff at the office always say the rout that Peter Hulbert takes over the hills to the office in a morning are about as bad as anywhere in the country for snow problems, so as such I (Peter Hulbert) consider the options for a while especially for the longer term as we may be set for a long hard winter.

I managed to miss my walk today as I was running a little late but with any look and good fortune, I may manage to stretch the legs later on in the day and take a walk round the local park nearby if not the one at home. I always enjoy the smells and the silence in the grounds of the park and it's so nice to watch the leaves falling from the trees and the smell of rotting leaves and wood all arround manages to inprove the area and encourage the growth of fungus and other aspects of nature such as squirrels feeding etc.

https://twitter.com/Peterhulbert195

www.peterhulbert.club