Tuesday 22 November 2016

The Floods Of 2016 In Sheffield

22nd November 2016

Its been quite a week here is Sheffield and in particular, the big storm took it's affect causing many problems around the county as well as the country. Many roads became unpassable and the rivers here became very dangerous and even the unstoppable Supertram was brought to a halt for a short while due to surplus water and excessive flooding. The problem with Sheffield is that we have something in common with Rome which is that we were built on seven hills and the problem with hills is that water runs down hills and causes the valleys to flood.

Sheffield suffered it's worst floods in 2007 when the river bust it's banks and hundreds of cars, homes and factories were all under water and below is a short video showing the result:


Moving away from the negative of the bad weather here and the chaos caused by the heavy rain etc, my good friend from Turkey informed me of one of his family who is in a competition to which they have a very good chance of winning with some help from the public, at this point I would like to ask for your support by viewing the details provided via the link and if you want to help them to win, I would ask that you please cast a vote to which will truly make them so happy and grateful indeed.

"Cast Your Vote Here"
http://www.muscleclubapparel.com/spokesmodel/#view=gallery&for=loXNE4QvTBs


Because of the disruption this week due to the weather, I do not have such a lot to say and as such I will keep this update short with the hope I have more to say toward the end of the week for you all.


__________________________________________________________________________________


24th November 2016


Its already the second part of the week and I sit and wonder where the time goes by but by the time I have worked out where the time went, I have wasted even more time so I try not to think about it but instead just reflect on what time we have left and focus on the positive of what to make of our time.

My week started out with so many good intentions and finished up full of negative energy for all the wrong reasons. We all have weeks when we have issues that come along and we can't explain why so many things we planned to happen, just didn't happen but all the things we didn't expect all arrived at once and drove us crazy trying to sort them out. Well this was my week of problems but not normal ones but long distance problems. My very good and loyal friend from far away had an accident which resulted in a fractured ankle and as anyone will tell you, a broken ankle means no walking at all but a fractured ankle means carrying on but with lots of pain and as my friend is the most committed person I know, they simply focus on what needs doing and grit there teeth and keep going. "That's what friends do for each other" as they say.  Its what separates the men from the boys.

Whilst the end of the week is nearing and getting much closer, I'm sure I will have some interesting things to share with you after the first practice after the F1 Grand Prix tomorrow.