Friday 25 November 2016

The End Of Another Week

25th November 2016

I can safely say that today was one of those better days of which I would like to share with you all. My day started rather late but who cares as it was a Friday and they are too much like Mondays. However, I left home for lunch and decided to take a picture of the venue for lunch and the entrance area was so well laid out in preparation for Christmas.


The day was all set for perfection as my Burger and chips turned up and were as expected, "perfect". This place used to be a mad house some 6 months ago and not a place I would ever frequent but the owners took a serious look at the market potential and changed it's focus toward a family focused place in which to relax and enjoy, previously it was a crazy place full of reprobate families with offensive kids with no respect.


Its quite rare for me to have a sweet but as the price was 2 for £2.50, who am I to argue and it was a delight. Chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream. If that made your mouth water, I can confirm it was absolutely wonderful and went down a treat.


As predicted, I was forced under duress to taste the local beer of San Miguel which once again went down a treat and was truly refreshing and full of life.


After leaving the Pub, I set off for town where I was meeting "B" as I have not seen them for over a week and as such I called at there office but they were not ready. As I did not wish to hang around, I decided to walk 50 yards to the local public swimming pool where it has a café and warm comfortable seating area with wifi where I could wait for "B" to join me. As you will see below, it was anything but busy and apart from myself, there was no one around.


As you can see below, it is a very nice viewing area and café at Ponds Forge and a place where Peter Hulbert often comes to write when he has a need for a change of location to write. Its often full of people but today was almost empty for some reason.

I would like to thank the staff here today who provided me with a lovely and very appreciated cup of hot chocolate with lots of froth and flavour. "B" duly appeared after what can only be described as a lifetime (1 hour) of waiting with a huge handful of bags from Christmas shopping.

I always feel quite blessed that I live in such a cultural and diverse City with some much happening on a daily basis and I hope you enjoy what I have shared with you today in my daily life blog which is focused on the antics of Peter Hulbert.