Tuesday 27 September 2016

Peter Hulbert Fishing Day In Yorkshire.



26/09/2016

Peter Hulbert & His Day Fly Fishing In Yorkshire.


I saw the advanced weather prediction and it suggested that on Sunday 25th, it should be a little warmer and a warming up day usually means that the trout are feeding on the river, so I prepared myself on the Saturday to get up and go fly fishing on the Sunday morning. I’m quite lucky as my local river has good supplies of both Brown and Rainbow Trout and I love a bit of fresh river trout for dinner.

I landed on the river in a low lying pool about 8.30 while it was a bit quiet although still a bit dull, this has some advantages but after two hours of no bites on dry flies, I quickly changed over to wet or sinking flies and tackle and after finding the depth of feeding trout, quickly started to get bites. I managed to hook a nice 3lb rainbow which was a little large for the pan so returned him to the river, probably a bad move in the end as he must have told his mates I was here as I got no more bites in that pool and here is a picture of that one in case you ever see him.  




I decided to move a little bit further up-stream to another pool I often use  and soon as I was back in action again and quickly started to get some bites at the fly and in the end I landed two very nice sized 1lb plate sized trout to which provided me and my better half some food for our plate at dinner time. Check out these two babies who were a perfect end to such a lovely few hours of chasing the trout in my area.




It was a nice end to a great day and broke up the weekend from the farm and taking pictures, I recommend you try a little fly fishing if you have not done it yet, it is good for clearing the brain out of a stressful week. Im very much looking forward to having a few more days like this before the winter sets in, there is nothing like an autumn day fishing when the sun is bright and the air is cold, it becomes quite a challenge to encourage the fish to feed.




All rights reserved 2016 www.peterhulbert.club